Football Season is in full swing and we’ve got a couple appetizers that you can throw together quickly that taste great! A delicious Baked Brie and a tasty snack mix that’s full of flavor! GAME ON! XO
1/2 (14-1 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
1 (13.2 ounce) wheel of Brie, frozen
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Sliced green apples, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Using a sharp knife, cut a 3-inch strip from dough. Using a 3-inch leaf shapped cutter, cut a leaf shape from dough strip. Place crust on prepared pan.
- Remove top of Brie rind. Place cheese on crust. Sprinkle with brown sugar, and top with cranberries. Fold crust over cranberries. Top with leaf cutout. Brush egg wash onto crust.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with apple slices.
*Tip: Freezing Brie keeps it from melting through pastry while baking.
Makes 12 servings. Wine Pairing: Chardonnay
4 cups corn-and-rice cereal
1 (16-ounce) bag pretzels
1 (12.4 ounce) box white Cheddar cheese crackers
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce (we used 1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray 2 jelly roll pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels, and cheese crackers.
- In a small bowl, combine meled butter and all remaining ingredients. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture tossing to coat. Spread mixture onto prepared pans.
- Bake until crisp, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
*We used Kellogg’s Crispix and used half of the cumin.
Makes 16 cups