Cetaphil Daily Face Cleanser
Boots No7 Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion
Tony Moly Pureness 100 Collagen Mask Sheet
Tony Moly Pearl Pureness 100 Mask Sheet-Brightening
Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Cream SPF15
Obaji Gentle Rejuvenation Ultra Rich Eye Hydrating Cream
Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream
CeraVe Skin Renewing Cream Serum
Lauren’s Over 40 Anti-Aging AM Skincare Routine/ The 2 Orchids YouTube
An effective morning skincare routine for Lauren means selecting beauty products that consist of quality ingredients that will give all the benefits of anti-aging. Although I would consider my skin a combination of normal to oily, it is still sensitive in some areas, so I try to avoid anything to harsh. Cetaphil is a gentle facial cleanser that thoroughly cleanses my skin without stripping the natural barrier. After cleansing, I then apply my CeraVe Renewing Cream Serum, which is a retinol serum that helps fight the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This product has three key ingredients to target specific areas I’m concerned about. The first ingredient is Ceramides to help restore my skin. Hyaluronic acid attracts water to the top layer of my skin for instant hydration and smoothness. Last, Niacinamide helps reduce redness and sooth my skin. The serum is lightweight and absorbs quickly into my skin.
The next application is my moisturizer, which I change from season to season. Currently it is Boot’s No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Cream. This product is lightweight, offers sunscreen broad spectrum SPF15, and keeps my skin looking radiant. Now let’s talk about the eyes! I love to splurge on a quality eye cream. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus, and Obaji Gentle Rejuvenation Ultra Rich Eye Hydrating Cream, fight those unwanted crows feet and plump up those fine lines by hydrating this delicate area. The added extras are treatments I like to put into my weekly routine to pamper my skin. Boot’s No7 Total Renewal Micro-dermabrasion exfoliator keeps my skin looking young and polished. The exfoliating beads are small so removing any dead skin is done without it being to harsh. Facial masks are the perfect spa-like treatment that you can do right at home and they are available in various forms. Tony Moly ‘s collection is so vast that solving any skin issues is a breeze. No professional needed here!
Becca Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal Glow On The Go
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
Kevyn Aucoin Candelight
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette
We like to enhance our complexion and add light onto our faces with gorgeous highlighters that will give us a radiant glow. Using any of our well formulated highlighters (Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal Glow On The Go, Kevyn Aucoin Candelight, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, or The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer) and a highlighting brush, or sponge, we apply with a light hand to our cheekbones, brow bones, and center of our chin for instant brightness. Then, to make our eyes pop, we also place product to the inside corner of our eyes. The Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette was designed to mix and match highlighters, for a customized glow. Our Tartelette In Bloom eye shadow palette offers shades in a mix of matte and luster finishes for a vibrant or natural look. The Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette is the perfect combination of pink and peach tones with darker shades that keep us looking fresh all summer long.
What’s on Karen’s iPhone 6S Plus
What’s on Lauren’s iPhone 6S
Today’s technology is growing at a rapid pace, so keeping up might take some time and patience. But it’s not an impossible task. As a matter of fact, we like to think of ourselves as pretty “tech savvy” for our age. To think of getting through a day without our smartphones is nearly impossible. This handy device gives us access to download numerous apps to lend a helping hand. We can take beautiful photographs, listen to our music, and even read the latest novel. They do everything, and anything. from managing day to day tasks, keeping us organized, and making life a little bit easier. We can be entertained, read the daily news (or gossip), and stay in touch with friends and family. We each decided to scour through our phones and select five apps that we just can’t live without. What are your favorites, we would love to know?
Karen’s Top 5 Apps:
- Belly- A Rewards program you can use at all the businesses you love. Earn points with every visit and redeem those points for rewards you’ll love. Find places to Belly near you and discover free offers at new businesses when you’re out on the town. Belly also works with Passbook and Apple Watch!
- Five Minute Journal- The simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology. “Take time to write out your full thought or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you’re most grateful for every day or lessons you’ve learned.”- Lifehacker
- Periscope- This app allows you to broadcast live video to the world. Going live will instantly notify your followers who can join, comment and send you hearts in real time. The more hearts you get, the higher they flutter on screen. The app makes it easy to set your privacy settings, so you’ll always know who your broadcasting to.
- Snapchat (kforch)- Life’s more fun when you live in the moment, so snap away! Snapchat lets you easily talk with friends, view live stories from around the world, and explore news in Discover.
- Weight Watchers- The Weight Watchers Mobile app can help you lead a healthier, more active life. Track your weight and follow your progress with the newly designed weight tracker. Add your favorite meals to the recipe builder and sync with apple health to convert your daily steps into FitPoints.
Lauren’s Top 5 Apps:
- Aviary– A fun and simple way to make beautiful photos in seconds. Use professionally designed filters, creative stickers and frames, touch-up tools and more to create amazing pictures.
- Food Network– A Hall of Fame App and one of the top recipe apps in the app store. This app now features recipe videos. Get instant access to your favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes with In the Kitchen, the award-winning, top-rated recipe app.
- Mail Online (Daily Mail)– This app gives you everything you’ve come to expect and love from the world’s largest English-language newspaper website, but with quick, easy and free access on your iPhone or iPad. Feed your daily addiction with stories and photos from all our top channels: US, UK & World News, Celebrity & Showbiz, Sports, Femail, Science & Tech, Health, Money, Travel, and much more.
- Rue La La– Collects hundreds of name-brand designer items and offers them at incredibly steep discounts during sales that might last only a few days. It’s an exciting way to find fresh deals on everything from fashion to housewares to vacation packages, and this beautifully designed app makes browsing a breeze.
- WTSO (Wines Til Sold Out)– This website gives you fine wines, great prices, one at a time all at 30%-70% off with free shipping. Each time an new item is presented on the website, the app will notify you. The detailed technical wine notes, wine’s rating and reviews are also included.
(description/information of each app was obtained from app store)
(information obtained from pop sugar Sept 30, 2015)
If your makeup kit keeps expanding like ours, then chances are, you have used cosmetics that surpassed their expiration date. Let’s talk about all the beauty products that are lost in the back of the bathroom drawer. Every seasonal cleaning we do, something new pops up that we didn’t remember we had and surely can’t remember the last time we used it. But, one thing is for sure, we are definitely excited to give those products another go. Seriously, who wants to throw away their favorite lipstick or eyeshadow? Most of us don’t realize until our mascara gets hard, dry, and clumpy or our lipsticks start to acquire that awful odor that these products have been around a little bit too long. Cosmetics can trap bacteria just like food in our refrigerators. From the moment you remove the packaging and expose your makeup to air, it’s exposed to bacteria. Liquid based makeup, like foundations and mascaras, typically hold on to more bacteria than powder based makeup. None of us want to smear dirty makeup all over our face. This can only cause issues like skin irritation, breakouts, or eye infections. To avoid all these nasty issues and to keep your skin healthy, be sure to follow the guidelines above.
After watching a few tutorials featuring tips on how to apply this product, we thought we would give Wunderbrow 1-step brow gel a try. We are always searching for the next best beauty product and let’s face it, great eyebrows can make or break your entire look. They can also change the shape of your face, so choosing the correct shape is critical. If we can achieve perfect brows in under two minutes like the product claims, then we’re sold! Now for the review…
Using the applicator brush, we each swiped the brow gel in color black/brown across our brows with a few quick strokes. You will have to watch our tutorial to see how the color complimented both our skin types, although Karen would also look great in auburn. A great tip that Karen tried is to swipe some of the product off the brush and start with a light coat, then build from there. With our eyebrow spoolie brush we then shaped our brows. Wunderbrow fills in the brows so nicely while looking very natural and keeps the eyebrow hairs in place. Plus it’s water proof, sweat proof and smudge proof! Once the product dries downs (which is pretty quickly) this long-lasting brow gel doesn’t budge unless you have makeup remover to take it off. If you have fallen victim to over plucking, thinning brows or unevenness, you might want to consider giving it a try.
Many reviews claim that this product is hard to work with due to the applicator brush. Contrarily, we found it rather easy. Another tip from our friend Jodie is that she found it easier to apply with an angled eyebrow brush. Some have even mentioned placing the product on your hand before application. We would like to thank Jodie for sharing this wunderful brow product with us! We absolutely love it! Now we can have gorgeous brows that last for a couple days. What a great product, especially for the summer months!